Our EcovaPure™ HDLp (High-Density Lipopeptide) is primarily used as a nutraceutical supplement and contains a minimum 75% high density lipopeptide molecules. HDL from egg yolk is proven to support a healthy heart and circulatory system when ingested as a nutritional supplement. When HDL is absorbed into the bloodstream it removes harmful cholesterol from the arteries and improves the lipid profile of the blood.
Whole eggs contain both HDL (good cholesterol) and LDL (bad cholesterol), Ecovatec’s proprietary process isolates just the HDL so that it can be consumed alone. Since HDL contains healthy fats and proteins, it can also be used as a functional food and cosmetic ingredient.
Ecovatec’s HDLp is hydrolyzed HDL, which means that the HDL molecules are reformed into smaller ones which makes it more “bioavailable” or more easily absorbed into the blood.
- HDL is known as the “good cholesterol” because it’s function is to remove “bad” cholesterol from the blood (reverse cholesterol transport)
- “Bad cholesterol” is LDLs (low density lipoproteins) and triglycerides. When it builds up in the blood, it forms plaque.
- Plaque build-up leads to high blood pressure, heart attacks, and strokes.
- The “bad cholesterol” is carried by the HDL to the liver where it is broken down as bile salt. This prevents plaque buildup.
Effects of Consuming HDL:
- Many studies and clinical trials show that increasing HDL levels can help reduce risk of heart attack, stroke, and peripheral artery disease.
- Dietary supplementation of pure HDL has been shown to increase blood HDL in animal studies.
- Eating whole eggs has also been shown to increase HDL in the blood (compared to egg white) in human studies. This is thought to be because of the HDL in the egg. These studies also found that eating the HDL in eggs decreases insulin in the blood, supporting the health of individuals with type II diabetes.
- High HDL levels in the blood encourages the body to make even more HDL molecules.
- HDL acts as an anti-inflammatory for the blood vessels, keeping them healthy and preventing the narrowing that leads to high blood pressure.
- Have been shown in rabbit studies to decrease artery plaque
- HDL consumed through egg yolks has been shown to improve the circulatory system and support those with cardiovascular disease and atherosclerosis
- HDL shows anti-adhesive properties, preventing the growth of E. coli and Salmonella in the blood vessels.
Functional Foods and Sports Nutrition:
- HDL can be added to health foods and protein powders to improve the nutrition profile and give additional health benefits to the foods. It’s powder form makes it easy to introduce into foods.
- High Density Lipopeptides:> 75%
- Protein:> 40%
- Lipid: > 35%