- A multitude of proteins are present in egg yolks that are beneficial for human health, including peptides that have antioxidant properties, anti-adhesive properties, and can improve the absorption of sialic acid.
- Egg yolk protein has perfect amino acid score of 100, is digested faster than milk casein, and has greater nutritional value of the proteins of milk casein.
- The lutein from egg yolk is 3 times more bioavailable than that of lutein from vegetable sources, can be used to prevent age-related macular degeneration, and is a natural antioxidant.
- Egg yolk proteins also have functions in food preparation for its foaming properties and emulsification properties.
- Anti-adhesive properties
- Prevent the colonization of E. coli and Salmonella
- Improve the absorption of sialic acid
- Prevents age related macular degeneration
- Aids in food foaming and emulsification
- Protein powders
- Sports supplements