Egg oil has been used in traditional medicine by the Greeks, Arabs, Jews, and Chinese for thousands of years. This high value oil is composed of essential fatty acids (omega 3, 6 and 9), cholesterol, and antioxidants such as: biotin, xanthophylls lutein & zeaxanthin.
Ecovatec’s Egg Oil is 100% pure, extra virgin, egg oil which has not been denatured by high heats and harsh solvents. This ensures that the fatty acids, cholesterol, and antioxidants are available to the body.
The main hair applications of egg oil are as a hair and skin cosmetic. It has been used to treat hair loss, dandruff, grey hair, and frizzy hair as well as to restore moisture to the hair and scalp. In skin care it has been used as a moisturizer, antioxidant, skin penetration enhancer, conditioner, anti-bacterial agent, and anti-ageing agent. It has traditionally been used on skin conditions such as burns, eczema, dermatitis, and many others.
Taken internally it is also thought to treat indigestion, improve memory, and support immune system function.
The oil can also be used as a carrier oil for essential oils such as tea tree oil (for anti-bacterial effects) or lavender (for calming effects).
About Egg Oil:
The omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids in egg oil act to:
- Increase permeability of skin care active ingredients into the skin
- Moisturizes and softens the skin while reinforcing it’s lipid barrier
- Stimulates the healing process and induces faster wound closure
- Reduces inflammation
- Reduces facial skin oil production
- Clears blocked pores and prevents acne
- May soothe the symptoms of dermatitis, eczema, and psoriasis
- Makes hair thicker and shinier (especially for dry, brittle hair)
- Reduces premature hair loss
- Relieves itchy and flaky scalps
- Nourishes hair follicles, promoting hair growth
The cholesterol and antioxidants (lutein and zeaxanthin):
- help skin regain elasticity and pumpness
- reinforcing the skin barrier which decreases with age
- reduces oxidative stress that leads to wrinkles and grey hair (signs of aging)
- tames and mositurizes hair, reducing frizz and increasing shine
- neutralize reactive oxygen species in the scalp, easing symptoms of dandruff and psoriasis
- Traditional Chinese medicine uses egg oil for burns, eczema, dermatitis, mouth ulcers, skin ulcers, tinea capitis, ringworm, frostbite, and hemorrhoids.
- In traditional Indian medicine, egg oil is used to treat hair loss, dandruff, grey hair, and frizzy hair. It is also said to stimulate hair growth and regenerate hair follicles.
- Egg oil is an excellent carrier/base oil for skin creams, ointments, lotions, etc. It acts as a moisturizer, anti-oxidant, skin penetration enhancer, skin conditioner, and anti-bacterial agent.
- It can also be used as a cuticle softener and to reduce the peeling of nails.
- It is thought to be useful to treat indigestion, improve memory, and support immune system function.