MyCellePro™ Natural Microencapsulation Matrix
MyCellePro™ is a premium, patent pending natural microencapsulation matrix, isolated from egg yolk and containing about 20% phospholipids, 25% hydrolyzed proteins, and 55% triglycerides (neutral lipids). This unique product has been proven to be an excellent emulsifier and is in powder form, making it easy to work with and combine with other products.
MyCellePro™ disperses quickly in water and requires only a small amount to completely encapsulate the oil in an emulsion. This leads to high loading capacities of around 40-60%.
MyCellePro™ also meets consumer preferences for a non-GMO product which is extracted without the use of any harsh solvents, high temperatures, or high pressures that would denature the product.
Ecovatec’s MyCellePro™ naturally exists in micelle form, meaning that the phospholipids surround a droplet of oil (or water) and hydrolyzed proteins exist around the phospholipids on the outside to stabilize the sphere.
Microencapsulation improves the “bioavailability” of the active ingredients that exist in the center of the micelle. This means that more of the active ingredient is absorbed in digestion. We refer to these active ingredients as “core materials”.
Micelle microencapsulation technology also:
- changes liquid oils into free-flowing powders
- protects the core materials from heat, moisture, air, and light
- masks the unpleasant taste/smell of core materials
- extends the stability of sensitive core materials
- improves compatibility between different materials within the same microcapsule
- hinders the transfer rate or evaporation of core materials to the external environment
- controls the release rate of core materials.
The triglycerides found in MyCellePro™ include omega 3, 6, and 9 fatty acids. It also contains naturally microencapsulated lutein and zeaxanthin, carotenoids associated with anti-inflammatory properties and overall cardiac health.
The phosphatidylcholine (PC) in phospholipids also provides well-documented health benefits such as: reduction in inflammation, cancer-prevention, cholesterol reduction, improved learning and memory, and treatment of liver diseases.
- As this product naturally exists in micelle form, it can be used to encapsulate other ingredients, carrying them inside the sphere to the site of absorption in the intestine, improving bioavailability of water insoluble compounds. Contact us to learn more.
- Suggested core materials: curcumin, CBD, fish oil, algae oil, hemp oil, coenzyme Q10, lutein, astaxanthin, and vitamins A, E, D, K.
Functional Food Applications:
- The combined MyCellePro™ with microencapsulated core ingredient can be added to protein powders, baked goods, smoothie mixes, and other functional foods.
- Unlike other microencapsulation methods, all the components of MyCellePro™ are naturally isolated from egg and are therefore very nutritious. It contains phosphatidylcholine, peptides (amino acids), and healthy fats (omega 3, 6, and 9 fatty acids) and would be an excellent addition to a sports formulation.
- Deliver your active ingredients deeper into the skin for enhanced effects. Micelles are able to deliver active ingredients into deeper layers of the skin due the phospohlipid encapsulation.
- As it is a great emulsifier, MyCellePro™ also has emulsification, solubilizer, and wetting agent properties.
- The fats, phospholipids, and cholesterol in MyCellePro™ help keep skin healthy and moisturized, slow the ageing process, and improve the skin barrier.